Stuffed Tomatoes & Peppers
It’s more finicky than my usual cooking, but a lot of alone time cooking works for me today. Bread, hummus and cookies are on the list for later :)
- 2 Large Tomatoes
- 2 Bell Peppers
- Olive Oil
- 2 Onions
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Tbsp Crushed Cashew Nuts
- 1/2 Cup Rice
- 2 Tbsp Sultanas (optional)
- Sesame Seeds
- Parsley, Salt & Pepper
- Cut tomatoes and peppers in half. Keep the tomato seeds, throw the pepper seeds away.
- Brush the peppers with a little olive oil and bake for 15 minutes at 190°C (375°C). Meanwhile, cook the rice.
- Cook the onions, garlic & cashews until soft (around five minutes).
- Stir in rice, tomato pulp & seeds, sultanas, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Fill pepper and tomato halves with rice mix.
- Drizzle with oil, sprinkle with sesame seeds & bake for 30-40 minutes.
- smokingcausesmouthcancer likes this
- qwazil likes this
- nurseveganxvx reblogged this from ibroughthummus
- nyxauroralearie reblogged this from ibroughthummus
- funsizeistheterm likes this
- ilostmyballoon likes this
- btstu reblogged this from ibroughthummus
- peepshow-creepshow likes this
- fitfoodieblog likes this
- runningpastrecovery likes this
- ibroughthummus posted this